Clutch Care Tips
The way you drive your vehicle makes a difference in the length of your clutch’s life. Driver error when using your clutch can wreak havoc on your vehicle. It’s important to avoid the following to maintain the life of your vehicle’s clutch:
- Towing loads too heavy for your vehicle
- Revving the engine excessively when starting out.
- Resting your foot on the clutch pedal.
- Rocking the vehicle from 1st & reverse
- Drivers inexperienced in driving stick shift transmissions.
- Slipping the clutch excessively for any reason.
- Lugging the engine/clutch by being in too high of a gear for the vehicle speed.